Club Yahoo Email Discussion Group – Members only
- LOCAL WEATHER STATION – this is the weather station located at Clanfield just south of Butser. You can look at ‘actuals’ and a fantastic ‘history’ that shows trends.
Useful weather sites for the UK pilot:
- XC Weather – The first quick check to see if the weather is good enough to investigate further.
- RASP UK – The best website for pilots, wind and thermal predictions. See here for an excellent guide to RASP from Judith Mole’s website.
- Synoptic Charts – Pressure charts showing the position of highs and lows. You can make your own weather predictions from these, see a quick guide from Rob Chisolm here.
- Weatheronline – Excellent website for checking different weather models against each other. If they don’t at least sort of agree, the weathermen are just guessing!
- Notaminfo – Flight Planning Map showing Notams etc.
- Pilot Notes – Very detailed notes for those aspiring to being “Pilot Rated” – HG and PG (From Wessex Club): Airlaw, Meteorology, Flight Theory & Instruments, Advanced Pilot Notes
- The British Hang Gliding & Paragliding Association
- The Scottish Hang-gliding & Paragliding Federation
- National Paragliding XC league
- National XC Club league
- The British Club Challenge
- FAI Sporting Calendar Paragliding Competitions
- FAI Sporting Calendar Hang Gliding Competitions
- HangSim – The ultimate winter therapy from flying deprivation!
- National Events Calendar
- Aviation@Landings – The on-line international directory of aviation links
- A guide to coordinate systems in Great Britain
- Skyads – Free ads for free flyers
- Avon HG & PG Club
- Derbyshire Soaring Club
- Devon and Somerset Condors
- Isle of Wight
- Kernow Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association
- Lanarkshire and Lothian Soaring Club
- North Devon Hang Gliding and Paragliding Club
- Para-Excellence & Leading Edge Paragliding (N Wales)
- SE Wales Club on the Web
Their “Open Sites Guide”
- Southern Hang Gliding Club
- Thames Valley
Fellow flyers blogs that I follow:
- Advance paragliders in the west country – Tim Pentreath’s blog
- flynik – Nik Valaris’ flying blog
- Freeflightbrighton blog – Rob Chisholm’s school blog
- Parakos – Excellent blog from Stanislaw Radzikowski, some great xc guides for Nepal.
- Aviacamp – Kostya Marchenko’s flying blog. Bringing together the best videos and guides from around the web.
- The Duke of Ted’s Flying Adventures – SSC member Richard Chambers’ flying blog.
- Dust of the Universe – Great blog with reviews of all the latest gliders.
- Flying on Air – Tim Grahame’s regularly updated blog. He has been blogging since he started paragliding so you can read his complete journey to skygod.
- Artikulation (Paragliding) – The blog of Tim Grahame’s mentor, Dave.
- Colin’s Flying Trips – Cracking photos and commentary from Colin Hawke’s flying trips.
- Irwyn’s Blog – Irwyn, the owner of Maison du Moulin (A great place to stay in Annecy).
- Flying the Void – Brett Hazlett’s paragliding competition blog.
- Possibilities Not Plans – Jenni and Becky’s adventure blog.
If you use Google Reader (excellent RSS reader) then you can find a bundle of paragliding and hang gliding blog links (many more than above) in one easy to subscribe to place here.
If you have any other links please email them to the site at firstname.lastname@example.org.