This years photo competition is open for voting, go to http://skysurfingclub.co.uk/gallery/photo-competition-2014/ to place your votes! You have until 8th March to vote.
Apologies for the website being down, we have just moved to a new hosting company. Things should hopefully be smooth sailing from here on out.
Get ready for the coming season…
TIM PENTREATH (XC Guru), is coming to talk to us about XC Planning covering the following topics:
Advance preparation (ie. airspace / GPS)
Picking the day (ie. xcweather / RASP)
Picking the site / routes (xcplanner)
The night before (proper planning prevents piss poor performance)
Come along and hear what it is all about…
After Tim’s presentation, there will be lots of time to ask questions, talk about XC’s from local sites and study routes.
LOCATION: THE SQUARE BREWERY PUB, PETERSFIELD
DATE: 8th March
This year the Skysurfing Club has decided to run a photo and video competition to showcase the talents of our members. There will be prizes for the winners, decided on the night at the prize giving. The winning photo will be displayed in our new trophy cabinet for all to see at the Queen Elizabeth Country Park! The winning video will take pride of place on the Skysurfing Club website. The rules are as follows:
- Photos must be related to hang gliding or paragliding.
- Photos must have been taken by you.
- You may enter up to 5 photos into the competition. The winner will be decided by a vote at the prize giving.
- Photos should be emailed to me at email@example.com.
- Videos must also be paragliding or hang gliding related.
- Videos should be uploaded to the clubs Vimeo group. Vimeo is free to join, if you have any problems email me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A shortlist of the best videos (as decided by the committee) will be shown at the prize giving and a winner decided by vote.
- This year there is no length limit but please don’t make it too long, nobody wants to watch 45 minutes of ridge soaring from a helmet cam!
Closing date for entries is 14th February, for judging at the prize giving the next day.
The latest BHPA Club Bulletin is now available.
Click on this link to download the PDF. (Or visit the Bulletin page of the BHPA web site.)
Do you want to become a club coach and help new pilots in the club to progress? Are you already a club coach but need a refresher course? If so you are in luck as the Skysurfing Club is running a club coach course on 9-10th November at the Square Brewery in Peterfield.
The cost of the course is £30 and the cost of the venue (with refreshments included) is £10. To secure your place on the course please pay a £10 deposit asap to:
Paul Cashman (Chief Coach) – 07786 348864
Cheque: Paul Cashman, 11 Grebe Close, Alton, GU34 2TL
Places are open to members and non members on a first come first served basis.
Hi all Skysurfers.
A common rule that is often disregarded is the inflation of canopies below the barbed wire fence following a slope landing. Inflating a canopy below the fence is strictly forbidden due to the steepness of the hill in front of the take off area, which prevents landed pilots being visible by those taking off. It is especially hazardous to Hang Glider pilots who have to commit to a take off and once airborne cannot abort.
Any pilot who slope lands below the barbed wire fence must carry their canopy back over the fence at the stile and then return to the launch area.